Friday, January 20, 2012

The best thing about this week...

At the end of the first week-long intensive, Artistic Director Philip Channells asked the Ensemble, "What was the best thing about this week?" Some of the dancer's highlights are listed below.

The highlight was how dynamic the process was and I've really enjoyed having the opportunity to research the process through audio and visual and just exploring stuff within the group.

I think doing the grid was fantastic and also just communicating through fingertips and different parts of the body and how great and organised and thoroughly researched the topic has been.

I loved all of it - I especially loved the fight with me and Alice.

Doing flips that I haven't done for awhile and learning how to move on my belly like a snake move which i haven't done for awhile.

All the researchy stuff we've done about emotions and facial expressions have been really fascinating and its been really cool to apply that to my personal life.

The favourite part was just following the impulse of the body and creating something that you wouldn't normally create unless you're in the space with these people - so stuff came out that I wouldn't have thought to do before.

Um...I really liked doing the flirting piece coz I don't think I've seen inspiration by reading to do creating movement through text - and also putting it into a group context.

Working off my own impulses and other peoples impulses and I really liked the grid and the improvisation we did.

The improvisation was different and reading the words of the ensemble was challenging - meeting new people and new faces, working together with people as a team to make this production come alive and progress.

I loved working with the boys - I liked working with flirting and there was a few things I had in mind.

Being the wolf.

I enjoyed the Pilates and yoga lessons in the morning - I felt good afterwards and it was good for breathing and strengthening. I liked the way the day was organised and I found it to be really engaging - it wasnt really an effort for me to engage. It was good to hear about other people's ideas. I look forward to the rest of the creative development.

The stuff that we did today - all that partner work we did. I found it interesting. People did some really interesting things. I think working with other people is really important when you're a dancer to learn how other people move. The challenge was to pretend to do the hand movement and the leg movements. Working with and getting to know my own body was really interesting - its like telling a story.

The best moment was communicating with a lot of people. My favourite bit was learning about the mind - how it works and how its works with the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment